Saturday, February 19, 2011

Barbie's World Essay



























Sorry for not updating for almost 1 week.
Today I'll like to show you guys an essay I gotta pass up on the coming Monday.
It's full of craps, I admit that><
My English lecturer wants us to write an essay about Barbie's world.
She gives us an article by Emily Prager which criticise Barbie's world to the hell and want us to choose whether you are against it or support it.
Fortunately, we no need to write much, just one page.


Name: Vivian Siow
Barbie’s World
            Whenever we think of Barbie, the first image that appear in our mind is that a model-like woman with fair skin and luxurious blonde hair, complete make-up, trendy outfit, wearing high heels and there’s always a little smirk on her face. Everything in Barbie’s world seemed to be perfect with her amazing car, fantastic apartment and of course an extremely good-looking boyfriend, Ken. In words, Barbie world is a fun land with a lot of imagination. “I’m a Barbie girl in a Barbie’s world. Life in plastic, it’s fantastic. You can brush my hair. Undress me everywhere. Imagination. Life is your creation.” (Lyrics from Barbie Girl, Aqua)
            I’m strongly against Emily Prager’s point of view on Barbie’s world. Prager indicates that Barbie is nothing but a vain and materialistic woman with gorgeous outlook. To me, there’s definitely nothing wrong for looking great for like, 24 hours a day. First step to feeling good is looking good. With the right outfit that make you feel confident about yourself will simultaneously make yourself be in good mood. Therefore, you are in a best situation for doing everything. So what’s wrong with looking good?  In my opinion, there’s also no problem with Barbie’s personal lifestyle. I mean, who know Barbie didn’t work hard in her study or job? In this case, all works and no play make Barbie a dull girl. We all don’t wish that the American sweetheart turns into a nerd, right? Everyone has their rights to choose the way of life  that they want. So, I do respect what kind of lifestyle that Barbie has chosen as long as she make it her way. For me, Barbie’s world rocks!



Wokay.
Idk whether I'll get scolded by lecturer or what.
I'm just, tired like hell.
CIAO!

9 comments:

  1. hey,you might not know me or seen me b4 but mind if i ask u whether u have to type your assignments out or can write it out? BTW i'm in ADP too~ =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats really fast move mate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life in plastic, it’s fantastic. i like this :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. CheeJeN: Hello! Yea u gotta type it. U in my english class too?
    Serene: I love that line too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. owh~must type one ar? den how u print it out? nop, i'm in ms. mary's class~ i've seen u around quite a number of times~ i think yest while i was on my was to play basketball and just nw at nite when u get out of hostel~ hopefully i didnt saw the wrong person >.<

    ReplyDelete
  6. So we do the same thing eventhough we're in different classes? I go to library to print it out. Oh,,, I didn't realize it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. no lah~ we are writing different essays~
    mine seems more difficult~ about race and racism
    =(
    is the library open on sat and sundays?
    haha~ maybe one day you'll realize it den~haha xD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooh, yours are much more difficult!
    Library opens on Saturday until 5p.m. but not on Sunday.
    Okay then :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah~ it's super duper difficult! and is my 1st assignment! got marks one weih! =(
    feel like wanna cry edi loh~haha

    ReplyDelete